Wednesday 11 April 2012

Coober Pedy

We woke up from our night in Oodnadatta. There really isn't a lot to do or see in Oodnadatta and I was getting pretty anxious about the stones getting in the brake hub, so I just wanted to head for Coober Pedy.
Road to Coober Pedy
We packed up ready to move on and I decided that I would empty the stone from the brake hub once again.
We decided to have breakfast in the Pink Roadhouse before re-fuelling for the 320 kilometre drive to Coober Pedy.
The flies were really getting to Pauline and I so we bought some fly nets from the roadhouse.
The road into Coober Pedy took us through some seriously barren desert landscapes.
Desert Landscape
It was what I would imagine the moon surface to look like.
About half way we encountered a vehicle with a flat tyre.
It was a young mum with three kids. The oldest boy was attempting to put the spare wheel on the car.
He and his mum had managed to get the car jacked up and I arrived in time to get the spare on for them.
The fly nets came in handy. The flies were thick.
We continued on into Coober Pedy and booked into a caravan park for the night.
Vince the mechanic's house
That afternoon we took the Tvan to a mechanic to see if he could figure out why the stones were getting into the hubs. However, he couldn't...
I took the Tvan back to the caravan park and set up for the night.
The following day we checked out the town and went through the Opal Museum.

The Breakaways

Damn Flies!!!

Sunset at the Breakaways

No comments:

Post a Comment